Thursday 5 June 2014

Wine and dangly earrings!

Hi bloggers,
I'm here with a retirement card I was asked to make for someone who likes a glass of wine and dangly earrings!  They also wanted a pair of earrings on the card! Well,  I thought for ages how I could make the earrings part of the card without looking as though I'd just stuck them on!  Then I thought of this digi image of Alyssa relaxing, she has a glass of wine and I put the earrings in a bag, as though it was part of the pampering in the bathroom.  Do you think I got away with that?  I couldn't think what else to do lol!
I coloured the image with my promarkers,  paper pieced the bath and added glossy accents to the wine glass and bottle. Some stickles on the bubbles and pearls here and there finished off the card.  I hope she likes it anyway.
I'd like to enter my card in the ilovepromarkers.blogspot.co.uk challenge which is 'Digi does it'.
Thanks for looking and I'll be back soon hopefully!!
Hugs, Karen xx


4 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, Karen! I can just see you now sat with that pair of earrings in your hand, wondering what to do with them! I think you got away with it! Love the pretty embossed background and I see your floral ovals have come out again! A really pretty card which I'm sure will be well received! Hugs, Lisa x

    PS See you tomorrow - just hope the weather isn't as bad as they're forecasting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee Lisa, you know me so well! That's exactly how I was- sat for hours thinking what could I do with them lol!
    Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do really well with your new cd.
    See you there,
    Hugs, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love the image and the beautiful embossing and flowers on your card :) Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card really gorgeous
    Love the flowers & use of dies
    Hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete